Centre of Southern Germany
Ellwangen is situated in the centre of Southern Germany in the Ostwürttemberg region. The large district city has got 24.942 inhabitants (official updating, 06/2015) and is conveniently situated amidst the cities of Stuttgart (90 km), Ulm (90 km), Nürnberg (110 km) and Würzburg (120 km).
Being situated right next to the motorway A7, the industrial area has got direct access to national and international economic areas. The neighbouring region Stuttgart is easily accessible via the B29 which is four-lane for most of its length.
- A7: Direct motorway access to the route Würzburg - Ulm with short distances to the motorway intersections
- A6: Weinsberg - Nürnberg
- A8: Stuttgart - München
Bundesstraßen (Main roads)
- B290: heading South with connection to the B29 to Stuttgart, heading North to Bad Mergentheim
Main state roads
- L 1060: Schwäbisch Hall - Ellwangen - Nördlingen
- L 1075: Ellwangen - Schwäbisch Gmünd - Göppingen
- L 2220: Ellwangen - Dinkelsbühl
- InterRegio (Inter-regional) station and RE-, RB- and IC trains (express trains) on the lines Karlsruhe - Stuttgart - Nürnberg and Ulm - Frankfurt.
- Starting and end point of 16 bus routes
- IC (InterCity) -Nürnberg - Stuttgart - Pforzheim - Karlsruhe
International commercial airports:
- Stuttgart Airport: 1 ¼ hours driving distance
- Nürnberg Airport: 1 ½ hours driving distance
- Memmingen Airport: 1 ¼ hours driving distance
- Nearest local airports in Elchingen (approx. 25 km) and Heubach (approx. 25 km)