Worth seeing - short Information
- Market Square with Canonic Houses
- Former Town Hall, now Regional Court
- Former Jesuit School, now Regional Court
- Memorial place for Methodius
- Former town mill
- Former defense tower of the town wall, now tower of the "Bürgergarde" (Civic Guard)
- Former Capuchin monastery, now Children Village "Marienpflege"
- Former Mail Coach Station, House Zimmerle, now "Adler" pharmacy
- Hospital of the Holy Spirit, now Town Hall
- Palais Adelmann
- The Castle
A short view of ...
The Castle of Ellwangen - Where the Prince Provosts resided
Originally a medieval fortress, it was converted into a fourwinged Renaissance style Castle between 1603 and 1608. From 1720 to 1727 it was remodelled again in the Baroque style. The Castle once served the prince-provosts of Ellwangen as residence. Worth seeing are the court-yard, the staircase and the Museum.
Palais Adelmann - The Distinguished Facade
The most important secular building in the town, built in 1688 by the barons and later counts of Adelmann. Converted and renovated in 1782. It has been the town's arts centre since 1991. Guided tours can be arranged and in summer the former palace garden is open to the public.
The former Jesuit School - Richly ornamented portal
Built between 1720 and 1722 by the Jesuit brothers Amrhein und Guldimann under Prince Provost "Franz Ludwig von der Pfalz". The main portal, created by Melchior Paulus, has Corinthian columns and is decorated with the richly ornamented monogram JHS, made of stone and the coat of arms of the dean of the cathedral chapter Ignatius Desiderius von Peutingen.