A significant late Romanesque building in Swabia. Consecrated in 1233 and converted into the Baroque style between 1737 - 1741. Especially worth seeing are the eastern frontage, the crypt, the panels of abbots and provosts in the southern transept ant the cloister, adjoining the northern section of the church.
Formerly a Jesuit Church, it was rebuilt between 1724 and 1729 from the plans of Jakob Amrhein. Magnificent frescoes portraying the Virgin Mary and illusion art by Christoph Thomas Scheffler. Artistic wrought-iron latticework in the entrance area.
The church was constructed from 1682 - 1685 respectively 1709 - 1715 in its present form.a pilaster Church, built to the "Vorarlberg Baroque Stype", it has an impressive interior, displaying stucco work by Melchior Haudt and Melchior Paulus. A marvellous Christmas crib, situated above the choir, is on permanent display.